Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moosli and Yoggert



EverydayG will vouch for me when I say that I can be a little bit particular about some foods. One of them is muesli. I find most muesli too sweet, and I particularly don't like dried fruit mixed in (although I do like it on it's own. Weird). So, I decided to make my own over the weekend.

I started by getting together some of my favourite nuts and seeds: walnuts, pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds. I guess I had about 3 cups in total. I toasted the nuts for about 10 minutes in a moderate oven, then I added about a kilo of rolled oats, the pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and sprinkled them with cinamon. I cooked these for another 5-10 minutes:



Once they were cooked, I transferred all of the ingredients to a big bowl, and added half a cup or so of flaxseeds:

Here is the final result. Yum!:

No comments:

Post a Comment